Thursday, October 3, 2013

ArtPrize 2013!

This is my first year participating in ArtPrize. If you are unfamiliar with ArtPrize it is a show that basically takes over the downtown area of Grand Rapids, MI for 3 weeks. Artists submit work and venues choose them and curate their own shows.

http://www.artprize.org/

My piece "powerless" is being show at the Fountain Street Church. The show there is themed "Art to Change the World: Inspiring Social Justice". The church is gorgeous and the show was probably my favorite of all I saw at ArtPrize so I am very proud to have been included.






As you may have guessed from my above photo, I was able to attend ArtPrize with my brother for the opening weekend and we had a blast. You can see me below sporting my artist swag bag.


 I think we could have been in Grand Rapids for the entire 3 weeks and not have seen all of the work. If you go bring good shoes for walking and plan in a lot of time to check out the different venues!

We had a bit of fun for my brother's first trip to a Krispie Kreme too. Even though he was reluctant to try it out we were both wooed by the Willie Wonka Chocolate Factory quality of watching the donuts go through the machines and I'm pretty sure he'd been won over by the time we left.

All in all an excellent experience and I will be sure to enter work next year as well, especially since my piece sold. Icing on the cake, or donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment